- General Questions
- Why do I need a home inspection?
- Simple: to protect your investment. A home is the biggest investment most people will ever make.
Having a home inspection done can uncover problems that you would not otherwise see problems that can cost you money.
Find them before you own them.
- How long does the inspection take?
- Most inspections take from 2 to 3 hours to complete, depending on the size
and age of the house.
- Should I be there for the inspection?
- Yes. If you can, be there. Follow along on the inspection and feel
free to ask as many questions as you like. You will understand and learn more if you are there.
- What if I can't be there for the inspection?
- I will email or over-night the inspection to you. Should you have
any questions, I will be happy to go over the report with you at your convenience.
- When will I get the report?
- The report is computer-generated and printed on site.
- Who gets the report?
- I can only give the report to you. It is a legal document and is your property.
No one gets a copy of the report with out your permission.
- Should I get a home inspection on a brand new home?
- Yes. Most often, the things that I find on a new home are small things like
a loose bathroom sink or missing ground wire. Sometimes I find things big things including poorly installed windows,
missing roof trusses, and brick veneer that's about to fall off, as just a few examples. Some clients have requested
an 11-month inspection on their new homes. This information can be helpful for finding issues the builder is obligated
to correct within the first 12 months of ownership.
Have a question for us? Use the form below, and we'll
send you an answer.